The Division of Student Affairs is committed to sustaining and improving compensation equity among the staff in our division. We do this by:
- Ensuring that all job descriptions accurately reflect the work of the position and are classified consistently and correctly, according to UC and campus standards;
- Identifying where there might be disparities in compensation between comparable positions within the Division and addressing those issues;
- Implementing local policies, business practices, and structures that sustain equity outcomes.
Regular equity reviews are a best practice in all organizations, and our division’s compensation equity objectives will require a multi-year plan to realize.
The Divisional guidelines linked on this page ensure we promote and sustain classification and compensation equity.
STUDENT AFFAIRS EQUITY GUIDELINES
- Assigning Working Titles
- Salary Setting Guidelines
- Administering Stipends
- Maintaining Accurate Classifications
- Sustaining Compensation Equity
- Job Description Language Bank
- SA Classification Review Resources
- Job Builder tool (new version coming soon!)
- Job Fields and Job Families – one page cheat sheet